Recently, I went to the island that people of Malaysia & all over the world love to go. The island is Langkawi. Before the trip, I make many research from the internet to find out what the island look like and all about it but the result is, I can't find any. I want my visit going smoothly and has no problem. At that time, I think, why don't you doing something to help other people to get the information about the island easily? And make they trip enjoyable and full of excitement. So, that's why I created this blog, to help all of you (I hope so). Please let me know if there is a fact mistake or what so ever. Because I'm just human (sure you are not alien...hahaha). And I feel sorry if my English is bad. Please give any comment or suggestion to me. I'll try to improve this blog from time to time. All the best.....Thanks a lot to all of you....!!!

Where is Langkawi Island???

Location

Langkawi lies north of the Strait of Malacca in the southern Andaman Sea near the border between Malaysia and Thailand. A few kilometres to the north lies the Thai island which called Ko Tarutao. The islands are a part of the state of Kedah.




Town

Langkawi's main town is on the main island, and the town's name is Kuah. FYI Langkawi is a duty-free island (yahooooo!!!!)

Geographical Facts



  • Highest point is Gunung Raya, rising to 890 m above sea level. It's in the main island's central-eastern area.

  • Total land area of 528 km2 (204 sq mi) - consists of 99 islands.

  • Langkawi is an archipelago of 99 islands (an extra 5 temporary islands are revealed at low tide in the Andaman Sea.

  • Langkawi's population is around 45,000.


You also can visit here to make it more clear:


http://maps.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&ll=6.249776,100.228271&spn=1.313222,2.554321&t=h&z=9



No comments: