Recently, I went to the island that people of Malaysia & all over the world love to go. The island is Langkawi. Before the trip, I make many research from the internet to find out what the island look like and all about it but the result is, I can't find any. I want my visit going smoothly and has no problem. At that time, I think, why don't you doing something to help other people to get the information about the island easily? And make they trip enjoyable and full of excitement. So, that's why I created this blog, to help all of you (I hope so). Please let me know if there is a fact mistake or what so ever. Because I'm just human (sure you are not alien...hahaha). And I feel sorry if my English is bad. Please give any comment or suggestion to me. I'll try to improve this blog from time to time. All the best.....Thanks a lot to all of you....!!!

1. Lagenda Park (Taman Lagenda, Langkawi)

Lagenda Park (Taman Lagenda, Langkawi)Are you interested in mysteries and stories of the unknown? Langkawi is full of such tales, and what better place for visitors to take it all in than Lagenda Park Langkawi, a park that highlights the many myths and legends of this intriguing island. This 20 hectare landscaped theme park stretches from the jetty towards Kuah Town along the newly reclaimed waterfront, with various sculptures based on local folklore and history set among beautiful ponds and a lagoon.

Those with horticultural intersets will appreciate the local blooms, plants and fruit trees which provide a picturesque backdrop for buildings which are examples of Malaysia's rich cultural heritage. This park was created to recapture the glorious history of Langkawi.

At this park, there are 4 artificial lakes, 17 story-telling monuments, a man made beach, a few resting places and other public facilities for visitors, mostly covered with beautifully designed landscape, giving the park a really natural looking environment.

Of the many myths and legends surrounding this place, the duel between Mat Raya and Mat Cincang is one of the most interesting. It is said that their duel caused the formation of several new places on the island such as Gunung Raya, Gunung Mat Cincang, Kuah (said to have been formed when their struggle overturned a bowl of gravy, which in Bahasa Melayu is "kuah"), Ayer Hangat, Tanjung Cincin, and Belanga Pecah.


For information:
Open Hour: 9.00am - 7.00pm (Daily)
Entrance Fee: Adult - RM5.00 / Child - Rm2.50
Tel: 604-966 4223

No comments: